ANNOUNCEMENT: In compliance with the Professional Regulatory Board of Accountancy, please see the cover page template for your ACPA application. The cover page and other required documents should be inserted in the 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗖𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 (𝗟𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲).
ASEAN CPA Cover Page: http://picpa.com.ph/attachment/219202091642622.docx
ANNOUNCEMENT: We now have one of our representatives to enter the ASEAN CPA register.
Check out No. 21 out of a total 39 ASEAN CPAs from the Philippines as of October 31, 2019. Click here and choose "Philippines": https://aseancpa.org/
BENEFITS OF BEING AN ASEAN CPA
ASEAN CPAs can legally provide accountancy services in ASEAN markets without having to undergo extensive re-training or re-qualification procedures. Note, however, that this excludes signing off of the independent auditor’s report and providing certain accountancy services that require domestic licensing from the host country.
Adding the ASEAN CPA title to your name and resume, opens up a whole new world of opportunities for you as a CPA. You gain market access to the rest of ASEAN, which is one of the hottest growth regions in the global economy.
There is no qualifying exam for the ASEAN CPA title. There are just a number of eligibility requirements for the applicant, namely:
- Completed an accredited accounting degree
- Passed the CPA board exam
- Possesses a current and valid Certificate of Registration and Professional Identification Card
- Acquired relevant, practical experience of not less than 3 years, cumulatively, within a five (5) year period following graduation and passing of the CPA board exam.
- Compliant with CPD requirements
- Has been issued a Certification for ACPA Application by PICPA (i.e., a PICPA member in good standing with no pending case with the ethics board)
- Has been issued a Certificate of No Pending Legal Case by PRC
STEPS IN APPLYING FOR ASEAN CPA
We tried applying for ASEAN CPA ourselves. Below are the steps based on our actual experience:
Step 1. Get NBI Clearance. To schedule an appointment online, you can click here.
Step 2. Get PICPA Certification for ACPA Registration.
- Update your PICPA Membership (payment of dues).
- Submit NBI Clearance to PICPA together with accomplished Application for Certification. (PICPA Application for ACPA Registration.pdf)
PICPA will then issue you the Certificate for ACPA Registration.
Based on our personal experience, this took us a waiting time of 7 days (lead time depends on the availability of PICPA signatories).
Step 3. Get Certificate of No Pending Case from PRC Legal Department.
- Submit accomplished request form (PRC Action Sheet) together with photocopy of PRC license. (PRC Form_Action Sheet for Request on No Pending Case from PRC Legal .jpg)
- Pay the P150 application fee.
- Note: Bring your Certificate of Good Standing from PICPA and original PRC license for PRC’s reference.
PRC Legal will then issue you the Certificate of No Pending Case.
We were able to secure this within a few minutes after submitting the request (lead time depends on the availability of PRC Legal signatories).
Step 4. Get Certificate of CPD Compliance from PRC CPD Division.
- Submit accomplished Letter Request (PRC Form_CPD Certificate of Compliance Request Letter.jpg)
- Submit photocopies of your CPD Certificates over the past 3 years - which must total at least 120 CPD Units and comply with minimum required units per competence area.
- PRC asked us to note down the Program Accreditation Number (PAN) on the photocopy of each certificate. You can find the program accreditation numbers in PRC's official list of accredited programs. Click here to find your PANs in our summary list. You can also click here to directly check with the PRC list.
We received the Certificate of CPD Compliance from PRC after a month.
Step 5. Collate all the requirements – and prepare two (2) copies for submission.
The documents must be:
- Ring-bound in T𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗖𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 (𝗟𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲)
- In legal size
- With tabs
- With Table of Contents and paged accordingly
- Originally signed (for the ACPA application form)
Below are the contents of the ring-bound set of requirements:
- Cover Page (ASEAN CPA Cover Page.docx)
- Table of Contents
- Letter of Intent (Sample Letter of Intent for ACPA.doc)
- Accomplished ACPA Application Form, originally signed (ACPA Application Form.pdf)
- Proof of Professional Practice of Not Less Than Three Years (supported by Certificate(s) of Employment indicating the duration of relevant work experience).
- Photocopy of Valid PRC Professional Identification Card
- Certificate of No Pending Case from PRC Legal Service
- Certificate for ACPA Registration from PICPA
- Certificate of CPD Compliance from the CPD Council
- Summary of CPD Trainings
Step 6. Submit ring-bound documents to ASEAN Monitoring Committee on Professional Accountancy Services of the Philippines (AMCPASP). This is also located at the PRC CPD/Technical Standards Department.
Together with this, submit two (2) recent passport size pictures with name tag (white background – coat and tie for men/blazer for women)
Step 7. AMCPASP will evaluate your application for completeness/eligibility and ask you to pay the application fee once okay to proceed.
Images and downloadable PDFs of documents related to ACPA application:
1. PICPA Application for Certification (for ACPA). PICPA Application for ACPA Registration.pdf
2. PICPA Certification for ACPA (Some portions have been blanked out for privacy).
3. PRC Action Sheet Form (Request for Certification of No Pending Case from PRC Legal Services)
PRC Form_Action Sheet for Request on No Pending Case from PRC Legal .jpg
4. Certificate of No Pending Legal Case from PRC (some portions have been blanked out for privacy).
5. Letter Request for Certificate of CPD Compliance PRC Form_CPD Certificate of Compliance Request Letter.jpg
6. Certificate of CPD Compliance from PRC CPD Council (some portions have been blanked out for privacy).
7. Sample Letter of Intent Sample Letter of Intent for ACPA.doc
8. ACPA Application Form ACPA Application Form.pdf
1. ASEAN CPA website https://aseancpa.org/
2. List of Philippine ASEAN CPAs
3. PICPA information page on ASEAN CPA applications
4. BoA information page on ASEAN CPA
5. ASEAN MRA on Accountancy Services
ASEAN MRA on Accountancy Services.pdf
6. PRC Resolution No 1120(A) Series of 2018
AMCPASP Resolution No 1120(A) Series of 2018.PDF
7. BoA Guidelines on CPD